WHAT IS THE SWOCC BOARD?
The SWOCC Board is a regulatory body (representing the cities of Farmington, Farmington Hills, and Novi) which oversees the contract with the cable company, and handles other regulatory matters pertaining to cable television in our cities.
The Board is comprised of six (6) volunteers (two from each city; one is the city manager (or his/her representative) and the other is an elected official).
- Oversee and regulate the franchise contract(s) between cable operator(s) and the cities.
- Explore options for competitive cable and telecommunications services.
- Continue cooperative multi-jurisdictional efforts.
- Increase programming and production for each city channel and community access.
- Continue increased administrative efficiency.
- Continue efficiency of access operations through SWOCC management.
SOUTHWESTERN OAKLAND CABLE COMMISSION
Mayor, Farmington Hills
Acting City Manager, Farmington Hills
Greg P. Cowley
City Manager, Farmington
Mayor Pro-tem, Novi
Community Relations Manager, Novi